Friday, January 23, 2009

Snakes and Snails and Puppydog Tails

Tomorrow I need to do laundry, so I'll do my usual routine of going room to room to grab the hampers and take the clothes down to the laundry room to sort. I think that's pretty typical.

My issue is that when I go to get Matt's clothes, I have to double check the room for straggler clothes. That's probably not a big deal to most people. And Matt's probably the most consistent of all the kids to put his clothes in the hamper. My problem is that if I don't check the valance across his window, there's a good chance that I will miss an article of clothing. And it's always underpants.

Is this a typical, usual thing for boys? For those underpants to land up on the valance he has to fling them. I don't get it. Is this what I have to look forward to for the next several years? I know what to expect from the girls. They rarely truly surprise me. But am I going to have to double check the valance for flung underpants forever?

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I keep the boys' hamper in the bathroom and that is where they currently do all their clothing changes. I don't get underpants on the shower curtain rod, but I try really hard not to walk by while Ricky is changing--his socks fly, his shirt flies, and, yes, I've seen those underpants take to the air after they come off! Isn't it fun?

Lori said...

I would say... YES!! Boys, I have found out, love to leave their things everywhere. And the higher and most unlikely, the better. To get them to put half of their clothes in the laundry basket and a real treat. Especially around here with 3 of them.

Tara Dawn said...

I just have a problem with them changing their underpants AT ALL!! But, I must be mean, because I make them bring me all of their clothes. I hate touching their dirty laundry any more than I have to!