Thursday, January 22, 2009

News in Woodland Park


Two nights ago, there was a water break in Woodland. If any of you remember where Fortune Dragon Chinese restaurant is, it was in that area. There was water everywhere. Rocks and debris were all over Hwy 24. Yesterday morning we were going about business as usual. Getting ready for school, going to the bus stop on time. Which is a rare occurance. Waiting for about 20 minutes for the bus to come, one of the moms went home to check on the bus. She was the smart one. I was about to just drive to the school. Which I'm glad I didn't. They had a 2 hour delay for our school even though we are not in Woodland. Plus today school is cancelled because of the water pipe. James and I are a little upset that they cancelled our school. We are not in Woodland and our water is just fine. Let our kids go to school like they are suppose to.

Anyway... Now all the people that are connected to Woodland's water has to purify it or get bottled. Glad to say that we are on our own well and don't have to worry about this. The only thing I do not like is that all of the boys are home today and I'm not handling it very well. All they seem to like to do lately is bug each other to death and it rubs off on me. I'm trying to think of things to do today that do not cost money and that can get us out of the house. If only we lived in a warm climate. Then we could have fun outside. Stinkin cold!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Holy cow! That's terrible for Woodland. That's two towns now that we've lived in that ended up having water problems and have to purify it.

I wish for you that either school was in or that the weather was better. Having the kids home for MLK day Monday was bad enough. Will they get to go back tomorrow? I hope so. Good luck finding things to do. I feel for ya!

Tara Dawn said...

Ahhh!! I can totally relate to the mental anguish your boys are giving you! I could not wait for Christmas break to be over! Sometimes I swear Cody is just as bad as Brett when it comes to sharing. It makes me want to ask them, "How old are you?!"