Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Dream...Power in the Priesthood

So, yesterday when I was sleeping I had a wonderful dream. Like sometimes happens when dreaming I became "aware" of my dream surroundings in the middle of an action (like having a dream that starts in the middle of a battle, but in the dream you remember the events leading up to the start of the dream). I was standing in the tight shoulder to shoulder circle of men blessing a baby. I realized that I was blessing Millie and that the circle of suited men around me was bigger that anticipated. I looked up and surrounding this little angel in white was Dad (Ken) on my left, with Peter to his left, JC on his left, James on his left, Jabon on his left, Jaymen on his left, Justin on his left, Jacob on his left, and my Dad (Curtis) on his left which was my right!! I felt such warmth and power in all these priesthood holders that I truly love. I began to smile and cry and I looked beyond the circle to see Shelly outright bawling. I don't recall what blessing Millie received (in the dream...she really gets blessed next fast Sunday), but I do recall feeling that with so much love and priesthood power behind the blessing great things were in store for her.

I have to admit that when I awoke feeling such joy it was rather disheartening to come back to the reality of things. I want the blessing of the gospel and the priesthood for all our family. I look forward to eternity with our family. I love you all. It was also a wierd realization that Mandi's husband Patrick was not part of the dream at all. Hmmm. Love, Josh

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm trying not to cry right this second...I'm sure I was bawling my head off in the dream!!!

Tara Dawn said...

Wow, what an awesome dream! I to, hope that a scene like that could become possible.
Love you all, too.

Lori said...

What power!!! That will be so nice when it happens!!

Jabon said...

Well, I am on my way... I have put it off too long.