Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Rules of Fightclub


Okay, so we all know the rules of Fightclub (Don't talk about Fightclub) but the first rule in the Johnson household is "No kid drinks in the living room." Here's the reason why: Almost right after we moved into our nice new house one of the kids spilled orange pop on the carpet. Yes, I was angry. Hence, the rule.


Well, evidently I'm holding in a bunch of aggression because Friday night I dreamt that the kids kept making me mad so I kept swearing at them. PG-rated, but still. Anyway, I also dreamt that some orange drink got spilled all over the carpet. Saturday morning I woke up to Emma saying, "Mommy, Mommy! Abby accidentally spilled Matt's drink in the living room!" I ran into the room, somehow knowing this was going to happen. There, in front of the tv in the middle of the room was a big stain of blue Powerade. That's right. BLUE. (By the way, I didn't swear.)


As hard as I tried to get the stupid stain out, it's there staring me in the face. Dad came over this morning and offered to help get the stain out with their Electrolux carpet cleaner. He tried really hard, but it didn't come all the way out.


Despite our failed attempts to fix the blue, I'm still so glad that Dad came by and tried to help me out. Thanks, Dad! You're the best and I love you so much!!

2 comments:

Jabon said...

Oh no! That reminds me of our house in Black forest, the one with white carpet in the kitchen... ya, I spilled spaghetti sauce and spent a long time scrubbing. You might try an automotive grade carpet cleaner in a can. It has saved me a few times...

Way to go Abby with Matt's drink. Sounds like a group effort!

Lori said...

That's terrible. That is one of the advantages of already having blue carpet. I really dislike our carpet, but with it being so dark, it has saved us a lot.

I'm in there with you too with the no drinks in the living room. Teagan is the biggest offender of this rule right now. Why can't two year olds just follow the rules?!?!