Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Request and An Apology

In case you didn't notice, I added a list of birthdays and anniversaries to the right of the blog. Did I forget anyone, or get any of the dates wrong? Let me know so I can make any corrections. Also, do you want to add any family pictures along the side? Just email me one you think might work for your family.

Anyway, the other day the kids were supposed to be cleaning their rooms (it seems like they're always supposed to be cleaning their rooms) and Abby and Matt were downstairs "helping" Emma. I told the two younger kids to come upstairs to clean their own rooms and the three of them tried to convince me that they were rotating rooms to help each other clean them. Yeah, right. That might have been the idea, but it wasn't going to end up that way. I knew that Emma would get the help she wanted, but the other kids would get screwed in the process.

I asked Josh how Emma thought it would work and he said, "Come on, she's smart and she's the oldest. Don't tell me you never did this kind of stuff to your brothers and sisters." Crap. Of course I did.

So, to you, my siblings, I love you and I'm sorry for all the times while we were growing up that I manipulated and downright tricked you into doing my bidding. That was mean of me. Typical and kind of funny, but mean.

4 comments:

Tara Dawn said...

I guess I must have been so traumatized by that. I must have blocked out any memory associated with it, 'cause I can't really think of any specific time. My memory just probably sucks. BTW, all of our dates are correct.

Lori said...

I'm like Tara. It must have been SO horrible that I blocked it out!!! I'm pretty sure also that my birthday is the 19th, not the 9th. Unless you know something that I don't. Everything else is good.

Shelly said...

Duh!! I know your birthday is the 19th!! I must've missed the 1. Sorry.

I remember once I was supposed to make dinner, but I convinced Tara to make it for me because she said she wanted to become a caterer and I wanted her to have the "opportunity" to practice. It was great, until Mom and Dad found out and I got into trouble.

colds1 said...

I guess I shouldn't mention the times that I recall Shelly manipulating her lovely younger sisters . . . after all, if they don't remember, why bring it up? :)