Thursday, February 19, 2009

No More!

I have decided this morning to get rid of all of the food in my house. Not for dieting purposes, or anything like that. Teagan, the little angel that he is, gets into EVERYTHING!! He is a morning riser. 6:30 and he's up and raring to go. But not me. So, very bad motherlyly of me, I get him a glass of milk and turn on the TV and go lay down for a bit longer. AHH TV. What did I do without you? Then maybe 15 minutes goes by, and Tyler wakes up. He goes in the kitchen and gets himself some breakfast. Which I am totally fine with, but Teage follows. And while Ty has the cupboard open for the cereal, he can't seem to close it soon enough, Teagan has a box of cereal out and is dumping it all over my living room floor. So you see, if I want to keep my house clean, I have got to get rid of the food. Crumbs and blue carpet just do not mix well. I have to vaccum every day. And I mean EVERY day!! It was very nice of Tyler today. He actually came and got the vaccum and vaccumed it up. Not all the way, but in a way that a 7 year old can do it. Kids... you just gotta love em huh?

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Lori, you sooo have your handsful!! I love Teagan. Believe me. But this reminded me of this last summer. How the heck did he know to go into my room, open just one drawer and pull the finger paints out? He's a smart kid. And what a help Ty was for trying to vacuum for you! That's so nice!!

Lori said...

I totally forgot about that "incident". He's WAY too smart for his own good! I look at moms with the "non energetic" kids and just sigh. I have never know what that feels like. Sometimes I wish that my kids were the kind to hang around me all the time at other places then I wouldn't have to worry about what the heck they are doing all the time. Then I think that if they did that, I would probably REALLY want to get away from them. Life is just crazy!

Tara Dawn said...

What a good boy Tyler was! It says a lot that he wanted to help you out that he actually went and got the vacuum!

RNLambile said...

I think you should replace all your food with...maple syrup...for a while. Then the mess you would have to clean up daily would make the "cereal killer" not seem so bad. Go on Teage, enjoy that Mrs. Butterworth's :).

Why can't all kids be at the same developmental level? I know I often forget that Abby or even Matt can't, or shouldn't, do all that Emma does. I would probably jump all over Matt saying, "If Emma can poor a bowl of cereal without spilling it all over why can't you?"...wait, did I say "probably"? Yeah, I've already done that. Love ya, Josh