Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mom's Birthday

I tried to capture as much of Mom's birthday as I could. The only thing I didn't get was the new boat. It's debut into the waters will be tomorrow. I haven't seen it yet, but Josh saw it from the road as we drove past the boat store and he happened to see Dad pulling the cover off of it. Before they decided to for sure buy the boat, they bought kid-sized life jackets at Cabela's in Idaho. I think Dad had this planned for quite a while.


This is Mom's new car. It's a Lexus SUV. Don't ask me what the model is. All I know is it's the gold one and it's fully loaded. Unfortunately, the battery is having some issues but it should be back on the road soon.


We got Mom a few things to put on her desk in her new private office.


I love watching Mom laugh. Here she is opening her "pigsaw juzzle" from Dad. She had a minor slip of the tongue.

Dad also got her some new bears on a boat. Appropriate, I thought.

Mom's cake. I slaved over it for minutes as I bought it at Walmart last night. The things we do for our mother.


After we sang to Mom, Emma decided to grab a candle and get wax all over herself. Good thing Grandma was there because Emma's mom didn't do much but roll her eyes.

Josh kept trying to dodge the camera. Got'cha now, big boy!

Mom and me. I love Mom!

3 comments:

Jabon said...

Happy Birthday Mom! Congrats on your new car but shouldn't the hood be down on a new car not up!

Lori said...

Shelly, I'm really glad you and your family were able to be there. Looks like you guys had a good time. Thanks for the pictures!!

Tara Dawn said...

I stopped at the pic of Mom laughing and just smiled. I love her laugh and I thought it was so sweet that your next comment was exactly what was going through my mind!

And may I say, how skinny you look!!