Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Potty Break

So for the last couple of months, any time I go running and my bladder jostles too much, I'm reminded of the 5k I ran with Peter in November.

In case you don't remember (or didn't know) we met up in Syracuse, UT, to run in a 5k that benefited the cause of my friend Tara and her project to build a playground for children with disabilities.  A great cause, and I got to run with my brother.  Made me happy.

But it wasn't too far into the race when I realized that I could happily take a potty break.  In fact, it was at about the 2k mark -- not even halfway.  But I just kept running and tried to ignore it.

A second or two later, Pete turns to me and says, "Do you think they'd care if I used that?"  He nodded toward a house we had just passed with a toilet as a lawn ornament in their flower bed.  I kind of laughed.  The guy running behind us said, "Even if you clog it, it would be okay.  That guy is a plumber."

We all three laughed and continued on our way, but when I'm out running and can use a break I'm reminded of the lawn toilet in the plumber's yard that Pete wanted to use.

Fun times.

2 comments:

Lori said...

HA!!! Love that guy!

Tara Dawn said...

Oh, geez! That's funny!